This first issue of Range magazine focuses on the growth within the airline industry and the differences of how each employee groups interpret that. The other features focus on what it means to be involved in a critical response team for pilots during tragedies, the anatomy of thunderstorms, outdoor gear, and helpful tips from taxes to health.
Range's inception began back in the fall of 2010 in which I will post an article showing the earlier stages, development, setbacks and processes involved in bringing this exciting new publication to life - a first for commercial pilots. And our 2nd issue is looking to be even bigger.
The team comprised to make this happen was lean and mean:
• Executive Team at Southwest Airlines Pilots Assoc.
• Neal Hanks, Executive Editor
• Jacob North. Publisher
• Troy Myatt, Creative Direction, Design
• Steven Lyons, Design, Development
• Ann Spencer, Editor, Writer
• Brett Affrunti, Illustration
Built with Adobe InDesign and MagPlus publishing system.